Mass mail out or calling?

Forums Ask The Pros Mass mail out or calling?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  larryhimes 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ServeSC
    Participant

I have heard when launching your business to do a mass mail out to all the places you’re interested in obtaining business from but I’ve also heard it is best to call and talk to them personally. Which have you found to be better? Any suggestions? Thank you so much.

Jeffrey Worth
    Jeffrey Worth
    Keymaster

First off, welcome to GotchaServed.com

I had the same issues you are asking about. This is my solution that worked well.

I visited vistaprint.com (you could go anywhere that sales cheap postcards) they need to be very personal to your business. Currently I am in the process of moving and don’t have a photo handy of mine. However it was a picture of a rustic door and my logo (which happens to be my picture) it also had my contact information and a large “call to action” such as Call for Quote Today. Also come up with a catchy catch line and include that. I used “Striving to make each client feel like the only client.”

I mailed out over 100 on first try, I also hand delivered an additional 30 (especially the ones that got returned.)

I found this much more effective than cold calling. Businesses get tired of people calling and selling them something in my opinion. By using the postcards they were effective yet not pushy.

However, this was not the “turning point” or most effective marketing plan I used.

Hope this helps, if you have more questions let us know.

Jeffrey Worth
    Administrator GotchaServed.com

Jeffrey Worth
    Jeffrey Worth
    Keymaster

I have written a little more indepth here:

Improving Business Presence

Jeffrey Worth
    Administrator GotchaServed.com

larryhimes
    Participant

These are all effective, but the most used channel earns the most impressions. You have to use every possible free and open way of marketing and advertising. Social media, I should say is the fastest medium to promote your business, but of course you should have a well driven strategy for advertising. If you intend mass mailing, like Jeffrey, I suggest the use of postcard is once sincere and effective way of promotion, and you just have to have a golden approach to attract potential clients. Similar to what I am doing for my business, mass mailing through the use of valuable resources and direct mailing services such as this one http://www.digitekprinting.com/direct-mail, I should say, that it really helps me promote my business not so instantly but at least I am getting significant numbers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.