Tips & Tricks

maps & notes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I have been serving papers since 1967, some 48 years, but I am getting the hang of it.

Using Streets & Trips I make a map of the street location of each paper to be served. It’s real purpose is be a note pad in my own handwriting. When billing out the paper I make a copy of the bill on the backside of the map and any notes I wrote. Very seldom have I had to testify about a paper I served, and in each case due to the handwritten notes the Judge ruled in the favor of the service being Good. The reason is that at an IRS appeals trial it was ruled that “handwritten notes” are the absolute superior evidence. “handwritten” is superior to computer records, per court ruling.

Jeffrey WorthJeffrey Worth
    Keymaster

With all the hype of “sewer serves” New York for example:

Did you know?

New York City process servers must keep electronic records of their serves, and track serves with global positioning systems (GPS) in accordance with the Commisioner’s rules
    Papers cannot be served on Sunday
    On Saturday, papers cannot be served upon anyone who keeps Saturday as a holy time.
    Ref:[url:xk0254lq]http://www.serve-now.com/resources/process-serving-laws/new-york[/url:xk0254lq]

So, unfortunately I see the way of the courts as “Prove it”

Participant

Take a picture of the car odometer before and after your serve(s). Obviously to prove mileage. Pictures with date stamp as well as cam- corders as well as all other sorts of various ways to do this, no need to be a rocket scientist.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.